We’re so happy to have Sabrina and Osman’s wedding featured in Elegant Living Magazine, a regional luxury lifestyle publication that is distributed on a quarterly basis. They have local and national contributing editors and writers who provide content that is sophisticated, thought provoking, enlightening and entertaining. The publication has a strong editorial focus on inspiring topics, people and places. Elegant Living Magazine offers an extensive wine section called From Vine2Wine, a bridal section called Insired Bride, coupled with other unique sections, such as; WanderLust, ThinkGreen, Food4Thought, ChoosingCharity, HealthFocus, LifeStyle, MoneyTalks, InsideCulture and DidYouKnow.
Posts Tagged ‘yellow’
We had such a wonderful and relaxing weekend at the beautiful Grand Del Mar in San Diego. The carnival-themed party was so entertaining and the ballroom was completely transformed. We were spoiled with games, special treats and the company of good friends.
We also got an opportunity to visit the beautiful San Diego Zoo Safari Park where we were able to observe some interesting and exotic animals. We also experienced a lovely and delicious dinner at the Addison. Thank you Grand Del Mar and everyone who made this weekend so great!
We love working at the Beverly Wilshire (A Four Seasons Hotel) because it represents timeless beauty and glamour. What better place for a party or wedding than this five-star hotel in the heart of Beverly Hills? The hotel offers 395 lovely guest rooms (including 137 luxury suites) in the perfect spot on Rodeo Drive. The impeccable service, Michelin-starred fine-dining restaurants and incredible spa are not to be missed! Prepare to be spoiled by Wolfgang Puck’s delicious steakhouse, CUT. The fabulous interior was designed by Richard Meier, acclaimed architect of LA’s Getty Center.
Designing a mandap is an artform all it’s own. The mandap is the focal point and sacred four-pillared structure of the wedding ceremony, where the exchanging of wedding vows takes place surrounded by family and the sacred fire. The mandap is symbolic and represents the four Vedas and the four goals of a fulfilled life, which are Dharma, Artha, Kama, and Moksha. Each pillar of the mandap represents the support and strength of each parent of the bride and groom. The day before the wedding ceremony, an important ritual known as Mandap Mahurat or Mandap Ropan is held to bless the mandap.
Hummingbird Nest Ranch is one of our favorite venues! The views are breathtaking and the space is expansive. The ranch is located in the Santa Susana Mountains, less than a half hour from L.A. and it’s outdoor spaces are great for ceremonies, receptions, and private events for up to 5,000 guests! The Spanish architecture and décor with it’s olive trees, stone fountains is so beautiful and timeless.
For those of you who are not familiar with the Mehndi, or Henna Ceremony, we’d like to explain this important tradition. The Mehndi typically takes place one or two days before the actual wedding day ceremony. The bride usually wears a green dress or yellows/orange for the Henna celebration. The groom will typically wear a casual Shalwar Qameez. The bride and groom are brought forward in the ceremony under a decorative dupatta by their close relatives. In the bridal ceremony, married women who are closely related to the bride apply henna to her hands, and feed her sweets. This ritual brings good luck and longevity to the bride’s married life. Similarly, on the groom’s side, oil is applied to his head and sweets are fed to him as well.
1. Event Design by Exquisite Events and White Lilac, Inc. (Photo by Joy Marie Photography)
2. Chanel 2012 Spring Runway (Photo by Yannis Vlamos for www.gorunway.com)
3. Chair covers by Wildflower Linen. (Photo by Joy Marie Photography)
4. Bronze Greta Sandals by Jimmy Choo at www.net-a-porter.com
5. Earrings by LK Designs at www.pret-a-beaute.com
6. Event Venue: Hummingbird Nest Ranch (Photo by Joy Marie Photography)
7. Marc Blackwell Northern Hemisphere Flute at Barneys
8. Bottega Veneta Clutch at www.matchesfashion.com
9. Simon G. Vanity Fair Bracelet at Kranichs
10. Jacqueline Cambata Golden Lotus Dinnerware
11. Jacqueline Cambata Golden Lotus Teacup and Saucer
12. Versace Medusa Vase at Saks
“The Wedding Symposium“ at the 2012 Wedding Faire is fast approaching! I can’t wait to share my experience and socialize with my colleagues like the famous Preston Bailey! Preston started his career at only 19 years old as a model in New York City. He quickly realized his talent for design and this led him to the special event industry, where he has become known for his beautiful, theatrical style.
What name-brand designer decor items have graced all of the following:
- The exclusive post-Oscars Governor’s Ball and Vanity Fair after-parties.
- VIP events at several Presidential libraries.
- World-premiere parties at the Venice Film Festival in Italy and the Sundance Film Festival in Utah.
- A private dinner for the power foursome of Michelle and Barack Obama and actress-model Carla Bruni and her husband, French president Nicolas Sarkozy.
- The pivotal wedding scenes of The Twilight Saga’s Breaking Dawn movie about the passions of young vampires and werewolves.
- Gala nuptial celebrations at Seoul, South Korea’s most prestigious hotel.
Arti and Raj’s ceremony was absolutely stunning! JW Marriott is the perfect venue for a wedding ceremony, with ample space and beautiful views. The guests sat shaded from the sun in a white canopy flanked with beautiful yellow roses. The mandap was decorated with columns of yellow roses and hanging crystals and orchids.
As you can see in these amazing photos by Joy Marie Photography, no detail was overlooked for Arti and Raj’s big day. It was a perfect ceremony filled with love and happiness! Congratulations Arti and Raj! Stay tuned next week for the gorgeous reception!